Precast Concrete including Panels Category
Hytek's concrete Wine Cellars are a great addition to a new home. The cellar can be incorporated in the floor plan, while for existing homes the cellar can be located in the backyard, under a new shed, in the side of a hill or even under a carport.
Hytek's cellars are built so well you can safely park a car on top! The cellars can also be used for extra storage rooms, pump houses, pump sumps or workshops. Building companies looking for viable, trouble-free underground storage options are turning to Hytek cellars.
It seems appropriate that a company from Australia’s largest wine producing
region has designed a modular wine cellar that makes it practical and
viable for most wine lovers to own one. Hytek Concrete Products in South
Australia’s Riverland recognises the need for wine lovers to protect their
We know that wines will not get better with age unless they are stored
correctly.The keys to ideal storage are:
- Controlling the temperature. Anything between five and 18 degrees
Celisus is the optimum range.
- Eliminating the potential for drastic fluctuations in temperature.
The steady ebbs and flows between winter and summer won’t represent
a problem, but sudden drops or increases on a daily or weekly basis
is almost certain to damage the wine and speed up the ageing process
- An excessively warm environment will age a wine quicker than cold
- Light will prematurely age bottled wine.
- Do not place a cellar in a location where it will be subject to ongoing
vibrations from nearby machinery or traffic.
- Wine should be stored horizontally to ensure the contents remains
in contact with the cork.
Wine lovers who have paid scant regard to these storage provisions run
the real risk of paying a hefty price. There are have been examples of
wine collectors who have invested in prestigious wines like Penfolds’
world famous Grange only to discover that the prized wines have turned
to vinegar due to incorrect storage.
Wine experts have long advocated that the value of a wine cellar for
those serious about storing wine should not be underestimated.
At Hytek, we agree and strongly believe that your wine will only be as
good as your storage.
- Waterproof Concrete Cellars
- Pumping Sumps
- Manhole Access Risers
- 5,000 & 10,000 gallon Water Tanks suitable for underground use
- AG. Drainage Sumps
- Associated Concrete Products
- Industrial and Domestic Septic Tanks
Our Qualifications: 14 years - Concrete Finisher & Carpenter
5 years - Pre Cast Concrete